Ads Top

Lazada Philippines

A Chinese Man's Love for Sashimi Nearly Killed Him. Read Full Story Here.

Sashimi is a Japanese delicacy consisting of very fresh raw meat or fish sliced into thin pieces

Many non-Japanese use the terms sashimi and sushi interchangeably, but the two dishes are distinct and separate. Sushi refers to any dish made with vinegared rice. While raw fish is one traditional sushi ingredient, many sushi dishes contain seafood that has been cooked, and others have no seafood at all.

In China it was reported that a man's love of sashimi nearly killed him. His body became riddled with tapeworms after eating too much sashimi - raw slices of fish.

This Chinese man had gone to his doctor complaining of stomach ache and itchy skin.
To his horror, scans revealed his entire body had been infected with tapeworms.

He was treated  at the Guangzhou No. 8 People's Hospital in Guangdong Province, in Eastern China.

Research shows that eating Undercooked fish or any kind of meat is a risk of taking in some live worms into our body which causes parasitic infections. 

Tapeworm infections occur after ingesting the larvae of diphyllobothrium, found in freshwater fish such as salmon, although marinated and smoked fish can also transmit the worm.

Cases are said to be increased in poorer areas due to unimproved sanitation. Clean preparation of meals is very important, it may be raw or not. 

Dr Yin, of Guangzhou No. 8 People’s Hospital, told the website that that eating uncooked food, contaminated with tapeworms' eggs could eventually cause cysticercosis, when the adult worms enters a person’s blood stream.

And everybody must know that this type of infection is life-threatening once it reaches the brain.

Watch Here:

Source: DailyMail 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.